Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hand Rendering

                                           Used Dominant Hand
                                         Used Non-Dominant Hand


I do not like drawing any part of the body. Hands seem very hard because there are your thumb, fingers, and knuckles. You try to keep them proportional to one another and the correct angles of how they are positioned. I kept on putting it off and I wasn’t looking forward to drawing with my non-dominant hand. My brother suggested just make a contour drawing with my non-dominant hand and make it a turkey. He made me laugh. I used pencil and charcoal. I used pencil to make a contour drawing because it is easier to erase. Then I went over with charcoal to get the shadows and highlights on my hands. I have no control drawing with my non-dominant hand. I had a hard time when I switched from charcoal to my blender tool not to pick it up with my dominant hand. My dominant hand drawing has roundness and the fingers seem proportional to one another. I believe the highlights and shadows are rendered well. My non-dominant hand drawing has fingers that bend in different ways and my little finger looks like it is glued onto to my hand. The shadows underneath the hand are done well. I will never use my non-dominant hand again. I don’t like that feeling of not in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment