Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reflections of AED 200


Vega-Nor, Victor Vasarely, acrylic on canvas, 1969
My expectation of this course was to learn to analyze art. I believe I have learned a lot but still it is difficult not to discuss your preferences while analyzing. Also, I was hoping this class was going to ease me back into school mode and I believe it has but still intimidated to go back in a few weeks. Writing papers is what scares me the most. My last three years at UB were all studio classes so it has been a long time. Art is a creative process that uses the elements and principles of design. My favorite artist is still Victor Vasarely. His use of color, shape, and lines is amazing to create the optical illusion on canvas. The online course was a lot of work but I would definitely do it again. I proved to myself I could stay focused and not fall behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment