Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reflection on Art Criticism Article


I chose Debbie Russell’s exhibit How Bizarre…How Bizarre out of four exhibits I looked at. Surrealism is a favorite of mine because I like the thought of the unconscious creating these works. The mind is a very intriguing in the psychological aspect of it. My biggest obstacle of this article was just getting started. I knew once I started I would finish in a reasonable time. Critiquing my peers doesn’t bother me. If you are an art student you get accustom to the process and you take the input to make the project better or take that information to the next project. You cannot look at it as a negative comment. I would like to see what my peers said about my exhibit. I would rate my article an 8. I think I gave the reader a good insight into the exhibit but I’m no Clement Greenberg either. I did not like this project at all. I don’t know if it’s because it is the last week or because I hate writing papers. Once I wrote it I did feel better about it and glad it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment