Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Elements & Principles of Art

 

 The night before I went to take photos I planned out where I wanted to go. I thought of the elements and the principles and made a plan. I went to Chestnut Ridge because I knew there is a winding road so I could use that for movement. While I was there I got a few more shots, the trees I found I could put under pattern, repetition or line. Next I went to Forest Lawn because I wanted to use the military stones for principle of pattern. I knew I could get some more shots so I wandered the cemetery. This is something I do quite a bit; I love the beauty within it. I took the photo of the obelisk to cover the line photo but used it for space. It represents space by overlapping forms and the distant forms are getting smaller. Then as I was driving around, I found the flowers in the front of a yard so I stopped to take some photos. As soon as I seen the orange poppy, I would use it for color. I went to South Park and had ducks follow me because they thought I had food. They were cute so I took some shots but when I got home I decided to use the duck for texture. I sat down figured out what shots I have fulfilled and had to make a second trip for four more shots. I planned where I was going and had them done quickly. I enjoy taking photos so this was a fun project for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love how meaningful all of the photos are. It really looks professional and thought out to me.

    ReplyDelete